CEDAR has been promoting number of projects and initiatives in the field of entrepreneurship, including:
Open forums and workshops, often in cooperation with local and regional development agencies, chambers, municipalities, and business and professional associations geared to support the growth of SMEs and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Panorama of Innovation 2015 aimed to inform existing businesses and start-up entrepreneurs on innovation funding schemes and showcase successful cases of innovative enterprises in Cyprus.
- Panorama of European Funding 2014 aimed to inform on emerging opportunities regarding European funding programmes e.g. Horizon 2020, Erasmus plus that seek to promote research, innovation and development.
- Panorama of Entrepreneurship 2013 aimed to showcase programmes and initiatives in operation in Cyprus and beyond, geared to support aspiring entrepreneurs.
Business Idea Competition:
This annual initiative is led by CEDAR in cooperation with a number of stakeholders with strong commitment to the promotion of entrepreneurship and new venture development, including: Cyprus University of Technology, University of Cyprus, Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Junior Chamber International (Cyprus), KOGEE-Cyprus Federation of Business and Professional Women, Anaptixiaki–ANETEL, and UK based EPISTEME and UK Cyprus Enterprise Council. It involves a series of idea generation workshops and start-up business training that culminate in the business idea competition.
- Business Idea Competition 2015-16: Awards worth €2,500, Deadline February 15th, 2016
- Business Idea Competition 2014: Awards sponsored by KPMG (€1500), Alpha Bank (€500), and the UCLAN Cyprus MBA Programme (€500).
- Business Idea Competition 2013: Awards sponsored by Alpha Bank (€1500), Demetrakis Koumandari Foundation (€1000), and the UCLAN Cyprus MBA Programme.